Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Sheltering...

We're a week into "shelter in place" due to the Covid 19 virus; my darling husband has been home for a week longer than that. You'd think being stuck at the house would make me more productive, but I've been cooking a lot more, and doing house cleaning and yard work! 

So what have I been doing? 
  • I finished the socks. They're a little loose but should shrink a bit in the washer.
  • I finished the green sweater but haven't taken any photos. DH says it looks fabulous, but honestly had I tried it on in a store I would have reached for the smaller size. It's wonderfully warm though... I may try to shrink it up a bit when I wash it next.
  • I've swatched the Razzle poncho but haven't hit gauge yet. It's a little frustrating.
  • I'm threading the loom with my shadow weave project; at 35 threads per inch it's slow going and I'm not motivated. I have 6 of 15" threaded so far and should try to do a little bit every day.
  • I'm working my way through the Festivus quilt; we're watching a lot of Netflix in the evenings so I think I'm getting a lot done; I need to spread it out and check my progress. I'm working on all the blocks, then will do the setting strips, then the border. 
  • Lastly, I'm spending a lot of time in the mosaic studio. I finished all the motifs on the table top and spent about 3 hours working on the border yesterday. Can't wait to finish! I also have a couple of small 3-D pieces in progress, more on them later...

No comments:

Post a Comment