Sunday, March 29, 2020

March Cookbook Challenge and Table Top

The March cookbook for the cookbook challenge was Julia Child's The Art of French Cooking. Tonight I cooked duck a l'orange! It was darn tasty. We'll be eating that for a few days... I think if I made it again soon I could do better but we still enjoyed it. I'll need to freeze or render the duck fat...

And since I'm limited in how many times a week I can go to the grocery, I asked Scott for another challenge; he picked Fiery Foods that I Love. I made the Spinach, Arugula and Meat Pie; it's pretty much a spicy tamale dough filled with spicy beef, spinach, etc. It's about 5 meals for the two of us, so most of it will go into the freezer tomorrow.

It needs a couple coats of sealer and then a glass of wine!
My Darling Husband hasn't decided on the April cookbook, but I think we have enough food in the freezer to last awhile...

Between  cooking, weeding the yard, and looking at exponential graphs, I haven't gotten much done; I'm still working on the Festivus quilt, but I grouted the second table top today! I'll do some analysis on what I would have done differently, but I'm VERY pleased with it. I had a few edge tiles pop off while grouting; I taped them on and later glued them with Liquid Nails. Tomorrow I'll fix the grout on them, and start sealing it; it'll be ready to be mounted to the table by Tuesday, the last day of the quarter.

What's next? DH has asked for a table by the grill to rest his glass of wine on when I grill for us... and I need a new table top by the Adirondack chairs. I ordered the table bases, which will be awhile as no one is working; and I have two substrates but no design. I won't know if I have enough glass until I come up with a design.

I have nothing to report on the fiber front. I've been so focused on the Festivus quilt and the table top, and cooking and gardening, that I haven't done much else. Hoping to get a warp ready to weave this week!


ETA: Just realized I never noted the Feb challenge. It was the Commanders Palace Cookbook. I made a gumbo and their cornbread which was awesome but it set off the fire alarm and nearly got the fire department dispatched.

No comments:

Post a Comment