Sunday, March 8, 2020

First finished object of the year!

Over the last couple of days, I finished weaving the V Rebozo, took it off the loom, finished the fringe, wet finished the fabric and sewed it together. I'm sitting in the living room right now, wearing it, and can't wait to show it off at knit night! 

The mohair in the warp was really sticky and I have quite a few yarn floats; I repaired the longest of these and will leave the rest. If I weave with mohair again, I'll space it farther apart.

Now all my looms are empty... But I've started winding the warp for my study group shadow weave piece.

Other project statuses:

I'm working my way through the Festivus quilt top; I'm on the 5th block. I'm putting simple circles with crosshatching in some of the background spaces of the current block and will go back and do the same on the others. Still debating what to put in the setting strips (the blue strips between the blocks) but I have plenty to work on before I've made that decision.

I'm nearly done wth the knitting on the green wool sweater; I''ll be taking a class in two weeks at Stitches West that will hopefully explain to me how to put in a zipper, then I can finish it. 

I just got an order of glass from a couple of mosaic supply companies; mostly was wanting the crystal round pieces for the table top. I have 2 motifs (one big, one small) ready to set on the table and another partialy complete (Photo). The first table is now in use! but I've lost a couple of the small brown tiles from the edging. I'll repair it this week but need to ask at the next mosaic meeting about what folks are using for table edges.






No comments:

Post a Comment