Friday, March 12, 2021

The Hockey Grocery Bag

I found this embroidery design from Urban Threads and thought it would be a perfect accent for a new grocery bag for DH. I embroidered it on a hand-dyed yellow cotton then added all of the fun hockey fabrics languishing in my stash. 

Hockey Rulz
The purpose of the Bag Project is two fold... one is clearly to have reusable easy identifiable bags for DH's grocery runs; we're always fighting over whose natural colored canvas bags belong to whom. The second purpose is to allow me to practice my machine quilting.

On other fronts, I've been working through the homework for Jennifer Moore's doubleweave class! Too much fun. I'll post photos when it's done. I'm doing that while threading the OTHER loom with towels for the guild towel exchange.  In the evenings I'm knitting on the 2nd pair of mittens. 

I have a couple dozen other projects on my brain and seem to be running out of pandemic to get them done in. Hurray! Can't wait to sideline the projects. I see restaurants and museums in my future, maybe even travel! We're impatiently waiting for our turn for vaccinations... 

Meanwhile I'm starting to dread going to zoom meetings where folks are talking about getting their doses and getting back to normal activities. The adult part of me is thrilled for them but the little kid in me feels like the only child in the class who didn't get invited to Sally's birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment