Monday, March 29, 2021

Q1 '21 Finished things (17)

I have been unusually productive this quarter; I don't know why. I'm not going to question it though. All of the finished things were made from stash! Yet why doesn't my stash feel lighter?

Owl contemplates this
quarter's accomplishments
The Finished List:
  • Double Your Pleasure Cowl
  • 4 sets of 12 merit badges (that's 48 badges); I'll count them as 4 objects. 
  • 1 set of 2 Adulting awards 
  • A baby sweater 
  • 3 overshot runners
  • 10 oz brown/purple yarn, "Wood Nymph" from Wonderland Dyeworks. 
  • Mittens for G from Anna Zilboorg's Magnificent Mittens book.
  • Mittens for M from the same pattern book, from a kit that's been in my stash forever,
  • One yd of warpwise shibori fabric in tencel, which was my Study Group project.
  • Doily from a textile fragment that had been haunting the studio.
  • I used the embroidery machine to embroider two hockey skulls and put them on a quilted grocery bag.
  • An 80" band of Andean Pebble weave. 

    --------------

    Here's what's either in progress, or on the wish list from Q1 that didn't get finished. I could probably power my way through one or two of the first 3 but given that I'm not short on finished objects for Q1, I'll push them to Q2. If I finish anything before the end of the month (3 days) I'll edit this.

    • I'm not done with the doubleweave class sample
    • I have one more towel on the loom, then this will be done.
    • I have a 2nd band of Andean Pebble Weave on the loom.
    • I didn't make any clothing from stash or handwoven. 
    • No bed covering.
    • I'm working on getting the pub quilt ready for quilting but am probably a month away.
    • I make meager progress on the new mosaic table (just one poppy)

    --------------

    For Q2:

    • Get a vaccine appointment.
    • Finish the doubleweave class sample.
    • Finish the towels on the loom.
    • Finish the 2nd band of Andean Pebble Weave on the loom.
    • Make the Get Weaving Vest pattern in handwoven or stash fabric.
    • Weave Baby Blankets.
    • Start an overshot throw in champagne and white for the den.
    • Hand towels for the guest bath.
    • Make the pub quilt quilt-able.
    • Make more progress on the new mosaic table (more than just one poppy).
    • Make another grocery bag!
    • Make a piece of Andean Pebble weave that's wider, on the loom.

    --------------

    For the last Red Sage meal of this month's cookbook, we used a squab recipe and substituted duck breasts.  I marinated them in a gloopy preparation heavy on orange juice and ancho chile and DH grilled them; we served it with polenta and wild rice cakes fried in ghee and sauteed red chard and onions, and paired it with a 2013 Seasmoke Pinot Noir. DH declared it a restaurant worthy dinner! I'm not sure I'd go that far, but it was a nice meal. The polenta was interesting; as it fried, little bits of polenta would explode and skitter across the kitchen; it reminded me of tiny popcorn kernels.




    No comments:

    Post a Comment