Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Mittens, and a lot of "I'll tell you later"

Mitten and pattern
I just finished knitting mittens for my dear friend G who has up and moved to Canada with M... her mittens are next on the needle but I'm unsure whether I can get them done before things thaw for the spring. I combined two patterns (one for the mittens and one for the cuff). I had intended on doing a some embroidery on the hand but can't find a combo I like so I may leave them as is.  The patterns are from Anna Zilboorg's Magnificent Mittens. I wonder how she's doing and if she has moved off of her mountain yet?  Anyways, I had some issues with the thumb settling in nicely, will have to figure that out on subsequent mittens.

I also cut a little glass for the poppy mosaic... It's been cold and rainy and I haven't been motivated to be down there.

I wove and dyed my woven shibori piece. I'll detail that elsewhere.

I'm also working on the pub quilt. Yes, I realize I say that a lot but honestly I am working on a design using my fancy quilt design software. So far I've come up with a  lovely design that is mostly unpieceable. Stay turned.


No comments:

Post a Comment