Wednesday, February 3, 2021

January has been very productive for me!


Destined to adorn nightstands
More from Alice Water's The Art of Simple Food: I served the braised pork with chiles with polenta, and it was fabulous. The lemon sherbert was excellent, as was the sauteed fennel. We had the same baked fish again, this time with a garlic, lime, and jalapeno butter. I'm officially closing that cookbook now and moving to February! I'll publish the name of the cookbook in a later post, but it's one of Julia Child's... On February 2, I made the Provencal fish with some halibut and tomatoes that needed cooking up. Very nice with a French Chardonnay.

It's found a home on this table, 
but the table is moving

The same day I finished the overshot runners;  the star fashion and rose fashion runners, and a 3rd runner of my own design adding a second pattern color. My design looks very much like other designs in the group but I did work through all of the design particulars so I feel good about what I'm doing. 

I finally finished the baby sweater from JC Briar's class; it just needs a bath, a better photo, and a toddler.

Baby sweater in search of a baby.

I finished spinning and plying the purple/brown merino that's been in my stash forever. 
Newly born yarn

I also embroidered up a couple of hockey motifs that'll go on a bag; I haven't made it back to my sewing machine yet, but I will!

I'm going to put a list of the weaving projects I'd like to take on while I'm still in captivity... I'll do it here.
  1. Turned monks belt warp shibori scarf in tencel for my study group. (March deadline)
  2. Double weave sampler in Jennifer Moore's class (March deadline)
  3. Doubleweave pillows from MA05 (the cover photo) in colors that match our living room.
  4. M's and O's towels from Handwoven JF06, for the towel exchange (May deadline)
  5. A new rug for the den slider.
  6. Towels for the powder room.
  7. A overshot coverlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment