Sunday, December 20, 2020

Excited about this year ending!

Is there anyone who isn't excited about this year ending? I certainly am, although I suspect we're in for at least another few months of anguish and turmoil.  Meanwhile,  I might as well document what I've been up to.

  • This'll be a great blanket,
    not a great photo though
    I'm trying to get a double wide double weave twill blanket on the loom. I'm using a beautiful Targhee cross yarn made from Timm Ranch wool that I got from Meridian Jacobs. I put a test warp on the little loom, then wet finished it by dunking it in the sink and swishing it about; I ended up with 25% shrinkage in length and 20% in width, but the finished fabric is smooth and warm and yummy. Right now I am struggling to get a warp on the loom; there are too many other things grabbing my attention, and it's a big project; but I'm almost done putting the 800 ends through the heddles. I will have to re-beam it after threading because I did stupid things.
  • I signed up for an online Overshot class in January so will be putting a warp for that on the little loom in the next week.
  • I'm slowly making my way through cute little adventure patches for my niece and her family on the embroidery machine; I've been doing that while threading the loom which may be slowing down both projects.
  • I also used some of the info from a Craftsy class to practice doing repeating linked designs on the embroidery head. It's fussy but I have two matching panels that I'll use on a future bag.
  • Another pile of quilt blocks 
    ready to be put together
    I sewed all the blocks together for a quilt I started awhile ago; I've got the borders/backing ready to go but will put it off until next quarter.
  • I've got most of a 4+ ounce of wool/silk spun into singles; it's a purply brown colorway. I have another braid of the same and would like to weave it into yardage for something wearable.
  • At night, I've been working on the Double Your Pleasure Cowl. I've misplaced the pattern and have been working from Kris's snapshot of it... Of course I did not read it carefully so have been skipping what may be a key step, but I've been consistent so I'm not pulling it out. It is possible that it's done by the end of the quarter,
  • I tried to start some mittens, thinking they would be a lovely treat for friends moving to Canadia... but after 3 tries I could not get gauge, so decided to finish the cowl before coming back to the mittens.
  • I put the dry wall tape on the sides of the mosaic table substrate and glued them down with thinset. I'll need to lightly sand this all to lay flatter but am all ready to start mosaicing the new poppy table for the bbq area.

I've also been spending a lot of time exercising, working in the garden, and cooking, and am finding myself missing studio time. I think I felt more productive when I had quarterly goal! So I'll be going back to that in Q1.

No comments:

Post a Comment