Sunday, November 29, 2020

Quilted bag, towels, and more!

Here's the quilted bag using new equipment and techniques, mostly from Craftsy... DH immediately declared it to be useful and has taken it from me for his weekly shopping trips. I'm thrilled he likes it!

Thanksgiving has come and gone... We ordered ribs from Arthur Bryant's in Kansas City, via GoldBelly.com. Tasty, tasty ribs, but the sauce was surprising; not sweet at all and very much on the salty side.  I made beans, cole slaw with apples, and corn bread to go with it; and a apple crumble for dessert. 

I neglected to mention the November cookbooks; I cooked from the Zuni cafe cookbook, and made a fish dish with potatoes, leeks, and a whole bunch of butter, as well as Socca, these chickpea flour pancakes from the south of France. This month, DH has selected Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat; I snuck a few recipes worth of ingredients onto this weeks shopping list.



I've been procastinating all kinds of projects but did manage to finish four towels; one is in use, the middle one will stay with us and the far left one is going to live with someone else. The far right one will either be for the guild towel exchange, or stay in my kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment