Sunday, September 16, 2018

Q3 '18 completed things! (10)

In mid-August, I started to feel like I was doing nothing. Going back to the purpose of this blog, to remind me of all the things I'm accomplishing, I updated the list and realized lots is getting done.

Here's the final list for the quarter!

Bamboo scarf
Tool bag for sewi
  1. I wove a scarf for DH (here it is on the loom), in 1/3 3/1 twill blocks using hand dyed bamboo warp and tencel weft. I love the way the serendipitous stripes interact with the blocks. It's got a lovely drape and sheen, and he likes it.
  2. I wove a boundweave sampler (not pictured) in a class that is about 7" square, with different finishing techniques on the ends. I'm confident that I could make a rug with this technique.
  3. I wove part of an inkle band, and the rest was woven by a volunteer at a Guild demo booth.  I don't care for the band, and wasn't going to mention it, other than I'd been wanting to warp up the inkle loom and try it; from that point of view, it was a great success! Also not pictured.
  4. The tiles for these two trivits were completed a very long time ago, but I just this quarter mounted them and readied them for use. Very exciting!
    Trivits from tiles I mosaiced
    a long time ago
  5. I sewed the "Sew Together Bag" to carry my sewing supplies for school. It's got 3 zippered pockets, and is made entirely out of fabrics I dyed for the Textile Design class I took a couple of years ago. I forgot to interface the inside pockets, so they're a bit saggy, and I tried to sew down the binding instead of hand whipping it, which I've never been successful at. I'd like to make another for my mosaic tools; if so, I'll make the pockets a little deeper and make sure to interface it appropriately.
  6. I spun more than 800 yards of yarn in the Tour de Fleece!
    Tour de Fleece
  7. Scott's boot laces are complete and are deployed to his boots. I started them at the August weaving guild meeting, which was a handwork circle; the idea of shoelaces intrigued and delighted a number of members. I also worked on them at the Portola Valley knitting group, they were fascinated.
  8. The rep rug is complete and in use in the studio.
  9. I took a class in a new technique and made a small mosaic sculpture which I've named "A Seed Dreams of Spring".
  10. I finished the pinwoven Ligeia shawl.



No comments:

Post a Comment