Friday, October 5, 2018

The table top is done!

I grouted the poppy table top today!!!  DH put pieces of wood on the back to hold it in place on the wrought iron aquarium stand which we'll use as a side table next to the BBQ. It still needs sealer, but I'm much too excited not to declare it done. I learned a lot about color placement, and keeping pieces level. And what a difference the grout makes!

 I'm playing with choices for the two tables on the sky deck... Hoping to start those in a couple of weeks and complete them quickly.

I also made this cute little purse with a super short handle as a demo item for the 4H group I'll be helping teach to weave. The body uses T shirt yarn weft, and the handle is thrums from the rug I made. I have no idea what it'll be useful for, but it's darn cute.

I'm nearly done with the knitted shawl I was working on; I bound off early without the picot bindoff, but I think I'd like the picots better, so am debating ripping out the last two rows and redoing it.

I also started a baby sweater... I need it for a class I'm taking in October on how to make sleeves. I might as well finish it after the class is over, as it'll be roughly 1/2 done...

It's about 68"x24"
The pin woven shawl is complete as well!  Here it is blocking...  I thought perhaps that I didn't care for it but it's cute on and easy to wear. I'm knitting up a couple of fingerless mitts with the leftover yarn.

I'm stalled on my two school projects, and the loom is naked... On Tuesday, I'll be warping up a loom at a local demonstration farm with a colorful but basic plain weave, and Thursday I'm leaving for an Anna Zilboorg class in Idaho! So it's unlikely that I'll get anything else done for awhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment