Sunday, September 16, 2018

A seed dreams of spring...

A Seed Dreams of Spring



I took another mosaic class from Wilma Wyss this weekend, in mosaic on a 3D substrate. She offered a class last week in how to make the substrate, but sadly I was unable to attend... Each of us was supposed to write down the theme of what we were going to make. I chose a substrate that looks like an acorn, or a bullet, with an indentation in the top; it reminded me of a seed, and I wondered if seeds dream about growing before they sprout? So, A seed dreams of spring. This piece is about 5 inches high. Turn it over and you see the inside...





A surprise inside...
On the fiber front, I got angry the other night and ordered two yards of customer cotton fabric from Spoonflower. Shortly after, they emailed to note they were in the path of Hurricane Florence and unsure if they could meet their deadline... but I got notification it shipped today. Can't wait to see it!!! I'm going to sew my lab project for school with it.

I'm also working mostly on two projects; the pin woven shawl and the poppies mosaic. I will try to finish the mosaic in the next few days; I need to clear off my bench for the two table tops I need to go with the new deck furniture. I'm about 1/2 way through the border on the pinwoven shawl, and have set a deadline that I need to have it done by the spinning conference in October. This is aside from the school work I need to complete.

While I'm dreaming, I'd love to sew up the denim fabric I have into a Delavan jacket to go with my new shawl... I'd have to get the sleeves to fit correctly. Adding it to the list...


No comments:

Post a Comment