Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Finally a project on the Gilmore
I
I feel like I'm having issues getting things going again after traveling... I feel like I'm not doing anything. Which is one of the points of this blog, to let me know exactly how much or how little I'm doing. Since I returned from Italy, here's what I've been working on.

Cooked dinner for two chefs (intimidating!!!). I spent a lot of time fussing about the menu. It was fine, but I've made better. I think the pickled onions, home made salsa, and hand crafted tortillas elevated it a bit.

I painted two closets! Not that this is a big thing but it's time consuming. So I'm including it.

I finally threaded the Gilmore! I got up at 5am the day I left for Florence and wound this warp; I wanted to be tired when I got on the plane. It's Chiku bamboo from The Fiber Lady, in a gold/tan to blue dipped skein colorway. I threaded 270 ends at 30 epi and wove alternating 1/3 and 3/1 twill blocks; it starts with about 8 inches of checkerboard, then the stripes get longer; at the center I wove a bit of checkerboard and reversed it. This pattern was the recommendation of the ladies I went to Italy with . The scarf is now in the collection of my darling husband.

I started the Tour de Fleece; I finished the singles on the wheel and started a new 4 oz braid. I'll document that at the end of the Tour in it's own blog entry, but here's a photo.

In other areas:
  • The Pebble Beach Shawl is still in progress, I think I'm about 1/4 done.  I keep having to rip some out and redo it.
  • The skirt is stalled until the shawl is done.
  • I fished out the blocks I pin wove, and tried to line them up. Will try again tomorrow.
  • I'm trying to work out the directions for the rug that wants to go on the loom next. I think I have it figured, so I should be ready to wind a warp.
  • I put edging on the piece I want to mosaic... Will check it out tomorrow then decide if it's good enough or if I have to pull it off, it's not that even.





No comments:

Post a Comment