Monday, December 11, 2017

Yet Another Green Object (YAGO)

Isn't he cute? I call him Yago.



I'm helping a friend, C., with a group of 4H kids who want to learn to weave. This little guy is representative of what they did for their first project, which is stick weaving (we used straws).  This, by the way, would be a great project for kids of any age!!! The kids' weavings were much cuter, and theirs had googley eyes instead of button eyes.  This week, we're doing circular weaving on old CDs.

Very little else has been going on other than preparing the house for holiday guests and a small holiday party for DH's workmates. This did force me to straighten the studio and get rid of more boxes; I'm down to two boxes, I think... It's starting to look like a place I want to be.
Loom with a view


Other than that:

  • I finished my final school project, a shift dress with low French darts (photos when I get it on the model)! Sadly it's a pattern-size 10 (class requirement) but if it were my size, I'd like it enough to wear it. 
  • I finished a doll that I found partially finished in a box I unpacked (you can just see it by the spools under the window in the studio picture).
  • I'm knitting away at my skirt which may be finished for summer 2020.

And I attempted to get organized by making a project list which gets eerily bigger every time I look away. I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment