Thursday, October 26, 2017

It's a green day...


Heat and cat related insomnia is making me silly! So here are pictures of things that are green.



 I ended up processing 14 pounds of green tomatoes into 12 pints of green tomato relish I added red pepper flakes and cut the sugar in half.  It's good, but not fantastic; looking for a new recipe for next year!





While we're looking at food, I had to pick the last of the toy choy before it bolted. We had it twice so far and I have enough for two meals this weekend. 













Also in the garden are the green pea plants I recently planted.  They're climbing up the hand spun Romney wool yarn I made practicing for the sheep to shawl contest.  I don't think they (the pea plants)  are appropriately appreciative.













My weaving guild had hosted an event around little looms, and the call went out for rigid heddle loom owners to demo...  I hastily put on a short warp and demo'ed Lisa Reyner's Free Form Overshot technique, and let my braver guild-mates try it out... I am weaving the piece a little longer for a small tote to take a mug to the guild meetings; Owl, in his usual fashion, wanted to play "what's on my loom". 


No comments:

Post a Comment