Saturday, July 6, 2024

Q2 Finished list (6/12)

 I feel like I didn't take Q2 seriously, but somehow when I write it all down, it feels like a lot got done!!! 

  1. New born yarn!
    Finished spinning and plying the fiber from KAFF, about 8 oz fingering to light fingering 2 ply. It's a little under plied and I may run it back through the wheel to correct that. Under-plying seems to be my issue.
  2. Wove a double huck sampler and the scarf. I'm super disappointed in the scarf as there are too many errors, but I'll own it. The class was great, it's just not my structure.
  3. The goat fiber is now 3 ply yarn.
  4. Shiny sweater is now in the closet.
  5. Wove a green fabric sample (3 different setts) in preparation for doing the red fabric for the top.
  6. A small and poorly executed but nevertheless adorable pine needle basket, from a class by Cata Gomes. I've bought some pine needles and synthetic sinew and will be trying this soon. I'll post the photo of the basic soon

What's in process or slated for Q3?

Two trips, a fiber adventure in Sweden and a bicycle trip in France. This, plus the bike training, should limit the things I can get done from this list, but here it is.
  1. I found the two towels that just need hemming.
  2. I'll be travelling to Sweden and taking a rag rug class, so I'm assuming I'll have a rag rug when I get home.
  3. The red fabric for a shirt on the loom and weaving, and close to done.
  4. Two runners for hostess gifts are wound and ready to go on the loom
  5. The Day Dream sweater
  6. I have double weave pillows designed and colors picked out... I need 2 for me and for K.
  7. I have a bobbin of merino/tencel singles that need to be plied.
  8. Maybe I'll finish spinning the Diver's Cove roving.
  9. A basket?
  10. The poppy table, to make it a round 10. We desperately need me to redo the table by the pool so I need to start working on a design for that and make room in the studio, so getting the poppy out and in use is important.
And the usual other projects, mosaic, quilt finishing, bread baking, embroidery, printing, sewing, and all that other stuff I keep getting into.





No comments:

Post a Comment