Thursday, March 7, 2024

UFOS: a list? The beginnings of a plan?

Today I decided to identify my UFOs (UnFinished Objects), and maybe what state they are in. I'd like to pick a few per quarter and work through them, hoping NOT to be the crazy lady with piles of unfinished projects. If I can't figure out what to do with the finished objects, I can always donate them...


Knitting: 
  • Shiny Sweater- I'm making headway on this 
  • Anna Zilboorg Sweater- I need to fish it out and make a plan 
  • A Capella- frog and return the yarn to the yarn pool 
  • That other vest that's not right- frog and knit it correctly 
  • Sunset and Sand- needs a decision frog or finish! 
  • The jacket with the embroidery that needs rework. If I recall correctly there's an issue with the collar, and the sleeves, and I'm not sure what else...
Weaving:
  • This is super easy, since it's either on the loom or not...  and there are projects on both looms. 
  • However, there are two hand towels that need hemming. I can't find them.
  • I do have four ikat warps (one I dyed, two from Indonesia, and one from a friend) that need weaving. 

Quilting (Can the list really still be this long?):
  • Fan blocks: I've been dithering about what to do with them for 20 years or so.
  • The first Judy Niemeyer quilt (straighter pieces): I may need to figure out setting strips but otherwise I think I photoed a layout and I should be ready to finish the top.
  • The second Judy Niemeyer class (curved pieces): I stopped while piecing the top together but I did photo the layout; so I need to remember what I was doing and do it.
  • Judy Niemeyer place mat kit: it's in the bookshelf, waiting to be made.
  • Chili pepper quilt: Ick
  • Around the Twist quilt: It's done except I think a couple of the corners need sewing? This'll probably go to donation
  • One or two Hawaiians (small) that need quilting
  • A cute but fussy quilt that I started in pinks and blues but I'm not sure I'm precise enough to finish
Sewing:
  • The shirt I just cut out (aqua camp shirt), just do it
  • I have all the pieces ready for a big grocery bag, just do it
Spinning:
  • Honestly I have no idea.
Mosaic:
  • A table: Unsure of how I want the background to be
  • A stepping stone: there's an area I made that needs rework.
Clearly I'm not counting raw materials (quilting fabric, knitting yarn, weaving yarn, tiles, sewing fabric). Let's not go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment