Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Q4 '23 Finished List (4/21)

What's on the finished list for Q4?
  • Two summer and winter rugs (see next blog post
  • 8 Christmas cards (simple yet lovely)
  • Ikat class piece
  • Test pieces for Graceful yarn. Do I count test pieces? Sure. It was a 2 yard warp, and completely separate from a project. Kind of like a mini-project. I'm counting it. 
I've already started on the 2024 Stashdown... I have the Graceful warp ready for threading, and half of a warp wound for two Very Bright baby blankets in Tahki Yarns Cotton Classic. I'll have to buy some weft to go with the blankets, but it'll put a major hole in my Cotton Classic stash!  I'm also boiling an ikat to get dyed today or tomorrow which will be towels; that gets rid of an already-pulled warp and will use up some more of my 8/2 cotton stash.

As for the rest of the crafts I aspire too, I'd like to touch on each of them in Q1. I haven't identified a list yet (and I may not)... There is some low hanging fruit:
  • The shopping bag with the embroidered panels.
  • The two additional towels that just need hemming.
  • The sheep shirt.
Things I'd like to finish/do:
  • The mosaic table in studio b.
  • Upgrading my sewing machine and trying some more embroidery (maybe that class?)
  • A new shirt pattern.
  • A shirt pattern for Scott.
  • The Shiny sweater
  • A project for the study group: I would like to take a profile draft and implement the design in bronson lace; maybe snail trail? In 18/2 cotton OR Graceful.

And I'd like to continue to use some of the images I picked up on my trips this year. Not this one. But I thought the post needed a photo!








No comments:

Post a Comment