Monday, July 24, 2023

Another shirt...

Crappy photo of me, 
good photo of shirt
I finished a camp shirt from batik S brought me from Kuala Lumpur several years ago; he called me from a marketplace stall and tried to get me to pick some out over the phone (with some texted photos). I made a vest from one of them, and still have 2 or 3 pieces more... It's a little stiff but I think all in all a good use of the fabric. I didn't put a back facing on this one; I like that better; but the finish isn't as nice inside.  And because of the stiffness it doesn't lay quite right on the collar. I wonder if I should have skipped the interfacing? Anyways, I'm now confident in the pattern and am getting ready to start the paper shirt.

For the paper shirt, I think I'm going to go with the back facing and tack it down. And I think the muslin band in the front should be about 1.5". Just a couple more problems to solve and I can start!

No comments:

Post a Comment