Sunday, February 12, 2023

Lots of walking, little studioing

I'm training for a 6 day hut to hut walk so doing a lot of walking, not putting in a lot of studio time... My max was 58km in one week with 15 pound backpack and a bunch of climbing. I've backed off a bunch but still trying to get the studio mojo back; one of the issues is I need to clean up in there, and I'm procrastinating...

I did finish weaving the paper yarn fabric! It's 13" wide (approx) and about 6 feet long. I washed it on the "handwash" cycle and hung it to dry; Looking forward to sewing it. There's maybe a yard or so of warp left on the loom, I need a plan for it...

The Sommerloch sweater is almost done but sitting in Knitting Purgatory right now. I need to tighten up the neckline a little and re-bind off a little tighter. I'm delaying as it's not warm enough to wear it anyways.

I warped up a card woven band for a belt; 30 cards of 10/2 cotton, with nylon alternating with the cotton on the edges. I'm also using a nylon weft. This was recommended to me as the edges of belts tend to wear more; but I fear that the nylon is abrading the cotton! I'll need to put belt loops on my hiking pants to use with it.


The goat spinning project is delayed by lack of time... Also I may use commercial yarn and not leftovers for the first rug; seems prudent.

I cast on the DanDoh Permutations poncho and my knitting happily on it. 

I'm also ready to warp the loom with yardage for 2 pillows... 

As always, making a list of what I'm working on always makes me realize that I'm doing more than I think I'm doing! Which was the original purpose for this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment