Sunday, January 8, 2023

What's up for 2023?

Hiking between the raindrops
I'm in a bit a crisis at the moment, induced by too much of good things. I'm training for hut to hut hike... the more time I spend on the trails now, the more I'll enjoy the trip.  And hiking calms my brain, gets me to sleep (most nights), and is in general good for me. But it saps my energy for other things.

So I'm prioritizing my piano. Which is fun and I'm paying for lessons so I should practice.  And I'm trying to cut weight for the hiking trip, so cooking good food is a priority. 

This is all leaving very little time for my other passions. And my studio is becoming hopelessly cluttered.

I'll start by saying I did spin 3+ ounces of chain plyed wool on the new e-wheel; too much fun!!! It's my first finished object of the year. I'd like to knit a cowl from it. (photo coming soon)

I'm currently working on
  • Fabric from the paper yarn and a shirt from the fabric.
  • The Sommerloch sweater (almost done).
  • Spinning some goat for rugs.
What I need by March is a decorative neck band for my fleece and possibly a belt (tablet woven).

For the next knitting project,  I plan on casting on a mobius shawl from the handspun. I'm also winding off yarn for a DanDoh poncho.

And I need a plan to unclutter the studio.

Other than that, the priorities are similar to before with some additions:
  • Mosaics, probably stepping stones and the table. I'm also thinking about a sculpture and the pot with the cat.
  • Dye something.
  • Make 2 small rugs for the Lodge master.
  • Beiderwand for the study group. 
  • Leno in linen
  • Carve a stamp for some cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment