Monday, April 25, 2022

Pre-vacation shoe lace waving


I'm getting ready to leave for a longish vacation... All my shopping is done and now we're sorting and waiting and not doing much until we can start packing. Honestly you'd think we'd never been on a vacation before. Of course I had to have new shoelaces for the shoes I'd intended to bring, but since they're not broken in enough, I will take other shoes. I think I need to acknowledge the calming power of making shoelaces during times of stress. Here's the laces!


I have almost finished the vest from Petit Point fabric but I don't like the way the armbands sit on the body... I'm still thinking about solutions. Meanwhile, here's a bad photo of it.

I've been knitting away on Sand and Sunsets but it's gotten too big to be vacation knitting; I'm probably 1/3 done? Meanwhile, I'm looking for a DK cotton knitting project for travel.

The rug on the loom is stalled. Don't ask.


The textile trip that was scheduled for July (not June and I'd thought) has been cancelled.  

On other fronts, I did finish marmalade and limoncello... And have planted tomatoes, basil  and cucumbers in the garden. There are 2 other tomato plants that I bought before I decided to rehome one of the many volunteers... they need spots this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment