Friday, December 31, 2021

Q4'21 Finished Things (7)

I was so narrowly focused this year on finishing the Pub Quilt (which is in the closet right now for the Christmas Quilt season)... After I'd completed it I felt somewhat disconnected from my other projects. Anyways, I'm back on track now. For Q4, I did the following:

  • Made a tablet woven mask lanyard
  • Practiced my woolen spinning by turning a blue batt and some green wool into yarn.
  • Took a class in ruler quilting, making a really ugly quilted table runner.
  • Took a class in reduction lino print making, and made a 3 color print.
Wove two ikat scarves.
===================

With the 29 projects I finished during the rest of the year, the total for 2021 is 36! That's really high for me, considering 2 of those were a queen sized quilt.  There are a few things very close to completion that I almost powered through today but then decided I had other priorities, and a silly number isn't everything.

For 2022, I'd like to do more mosaic, more printing, some sewing and some band weaving.  On my mind right now are:

    Owl wonders why there's no 
    cat time in the 2022 list?
  • A vest
    • There's fabric that is still on the loom from the second overshot class.
    • A vest made from that fabric.
    • A cardwoven band to adorn the vest.
  • Paper yarn
    • I spun paper to knit with but ran out of paper... I just got more paper so hope to finish the yarn in Q1.
    • I'd like to weave a paper sample from it, and start knitting something from it.
  • Spin the silk I just bought for card weaving.
  • Spin more cotton.
  • Play with Paltiya.
  • Fix the two needlepoint pillows that are falling apart.
  • I finished two guest room towels in Q3; the other two still need hemming.
  • A summer sweater that K and are I talking about
  • A shirt for S
    • I need to perfect the pattern then
    • Find Fabric
    • And sew him a shirt
Let's add to this that I'll have a wet studio by the end of Feb, I need to pick up the pace on my workouts, and I'm learning to play piano. And with any luck, we'll be able to start travelling again in 2022. 


No comments:

Post a Comment