Tuesday, December 21, 2021

First dinner party in what feels like years


We had some friends over for dinner on Saturday... Seems like forever since we've done that! I made a simple Lamb Tagine from Easy Entertaining, with couscous, and a salad with oranges and fennel loosely following this Martha Stewart recipe (butter lettuce instead of arugula) I really liked the salad dressing and I think the Tagine will become a go-to dish! For dessert I made a flourless cake which was meh... but also passed some homemade peanut brittle and some chocolate marshmallows which we dipped in dark chocolate... I think this candy making thing is going to become a yearly event.

Things have slowed down in the studio but I suspect with two weeks of rain on the way I'll be busy. I'm still working on the knitted shawl, the two ikat scarves, and the fabric from Janet Dawson's class. I'm also trying to get a pattern that works for a shirt for DH; I cut out a muslin today and will sew it up later this week and then try it on him for fit. I'm also half-heartedly trying to take the backs off of two pillows where the backing was disintegrating so I can sew them up all nice and new... We'll see what I can finish by the end of the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment