Sunday, September 6, 2020

New Bernina!!!

I bought myself a super fancy sewing machine for my birthday this year! I've barely used it since it came home a few weeks ago but have big plans; I'm noting a couple of websites (and one doc you won't be able to access) here so I don't forget them.

Bernina videos: https://sewingmastery.com/bernina-770/

Embroidery Website List: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/search?q=embroidery

Embroidery class online; for a price but it seems to be worthwhile: https://sewingmastery.com/saras-embroidery-essentials-online-course/

In other news, I finished a small 3D mosaic; here it is with grout drying. DH has promised to take some glamor shots of it for me... I'm really pleased with it. He's almost got the substrate ready for me to start the next table, and I was able to buy some glass this week! So no excuses!

There are so many things I could say about this piece, and so many cute and clever names I could give it. Does art need a clever name? Does that make it more artistic or detract from the artists intention? Is a clever name better or a mysterious name? Shouldn't art speak for itself?

I'm slowly chipping away at the Festivus quilt border... Sadly as I approach the top left corner I realize that I left an entire block unquilted! So I'll be working on that after I finish the final snowflake.

I've been working on that knitted cowl too, when the cat takes the quilt away, and just realized I'll need to take out about 4 inches. Don't ask.

I also started winding the warp for some dish towels... I was playing Yarn Chicken (where you're not sure you have enough yarn so go on anyways) and lost. So I'm waiting for MORE yarn to arrive in the mail. Meanwhile, I need to warp up a sample of double wide double weave, hopefully before Thursday when I meet again with the folks in my study group.

I am working on a Project where I document the steps as I go along in a book. I'm combining hand spun and mill spun yarn into a fabric that I'll use for a vest.  I believe I have all the yarn ready to go; more on that as it progresses.

And masks... I need to dig out the mask box and finish up the 13 masks I have promised here and there.  So much to do!



No comments:

Post a Comment