Friday, December 20, 2019

Frantic Pre-Holiday Projects!

Runner is done!
I'm in a frenzy of activity right before the end of this year, slightly out of sorts with the holidays and therefore frantic for no good reason to finish some unrelated projects.  There are so many reasons to like and dislike Christmas; of course it's different for everyone yet so much the same... Anyways, we'll be hiking and then making tamales on Christmas with friends, and at some point there will likely be potato latkes, and homemade marshmallows.

Same quilt, more border.
The runner is finished, on the table, and guarded carefully by Z cat! I'm very pleased with the way the colors are working in this room. I needed to finish this piece by January 6th and have done that!

The two projects I'm working on frantically are the Christmas Quilt and the mosaic table top. I've redrafted corners for the Christmas quilt border and am about an hour's worth of work away from starting them! The rest should go together easily and my goal is to have it basted by the 2nd weekend in January. 

Wanna be table top.
DH  hasn't exactly been grumbling about the temporary end tables on the deck, but I can tell he's not pleased with my apparent lack of progress. So I've spent the last two days in the mosaic studio while the arborists were working on the trees. The foreground pieces are done except for the blue sliver and the red partial circle which need to be finalized and glued in place. With beige background and a dark brown grout, I think this piece will be lovely. The second table is cut, bordered and ready to go, but I'm thinking of doing the same colors in another design; not sure I can do two of anything!








No comments:

Post a Comment