Friday, March 2, 2018

Q1 2018 Completed Things (4)

Feb: Pale blue pajama top, just waiting for night time!
If you know me, you'll know that that I never feel like I'm doing enough. This blog is one way for me to visually see some of what I'm getting done! I'll update this post through the year (in quarterly bites) to show what's getting finished, as it gets finished, using small photos if it's pictured elsewhere in this blog.

Esalen Mosaic Landscape
January: Nothing finished all the way in January... lots of work done through.

February: Lots of work, again, primarily in quilting, sewing, and knitting. For finished projects, there's this pale blue all cotton flannel pajama top; I used Tumble Dye spray dye on the flannel to get the gradient affect; it's subtle and I love it. It features both flat felled and french seams, as well as a Hong Kong finish on the lower hem and double binding on the sleeves. The collar seam is enclosed using a facing-less technique that was a little fussy but effective. I'm wearing this all the time.

Small Navajo rug, now in the collection of my DH...
March:   I completed the above smallish mosaic at a Wilma Wyss workshop at Esalen; I've treated the grout so it's now suitable for hanging outside.

And I finished this little mat from a Navajo Weaving class with Lynda and Barbara...

And Yay! I finally have a pattern that will work for my sleeveless summer top. I cut and sewed it today out of come cheap (but cute!) sale fabric from Joann's; it's got typewriter keys all over it and I want to call it "My Sister the Author". Since it worked and got DH approval for cuteness, I'll cut and sew the same out of some lovely batik he brought me from Indonesia. Then I'll have two super cute and unique summer tops to add to my wardrobe.




No comments:

Post a Comment