Sunday, February 25, 2018

Olympics and the report from Stitches West!

This weekend was the big Stitches West show... I took 3 classes and tried to avoid buying things in the marketplace.  Here's a synopsis.

Thursday, I took a class in Kivrim style card weaving from John Mullarkey. If you ever have a chance to take a class from John, do it! It was delightful AND I learned so much! And wove a short band! Turns out this particular pattern is not that difficult. I'm suspecting with a little concentration, I could possibly be a card weaver...

The Tam class was very useful. As always, I learned a lot from Candace Eisner Strick.  I won't post another Tam photo until it's done. Candace is the author of Knit My Skirt, so I showed her the skirt I made from a knitted shirt that was WAY too big (see my 11/27/16 post); she was very entertained.

The Bohus class didn't yield much more information than the class I took from Susanna Hansen... I did finally buy the Poems of Color book, and a background color for a sweater. I had hoped to design a Bohus inspired yoke myself but I'm thinking I'll see if I can adapt something from Poems of Color, and save my designing energy for another project.

A small number of fiber items managed to come home in my market bag...

On other topics, we have been watching a lot of the Olympics! Hurray for the Women's XC relay Gold!!! I've been knitting primarily on my skirt, since I can pretty much do that without looking, and I've made Olympic level progress!  Maybe I'll measure it. I am now thinking it might be ready to wear by summer.

I also finished my Pajama top for my sewing class; my denim yarn still needs blocking; and my quilt blocks for the Clamshell quilt are all together!  I'll put most projects on hold for a week or so; I'm heading to Big Sur for a 5 day mosaic intensive in a week, so will be trying to wrap up some garden projects before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment