Wednesday, February 10, 2016

What's up? And Fall, 2015

I left tech in September 2015 to pursue things I am more passionate about. This blog, although started 4 months after, is to chronicle the things I've been doing since.

My passions are primarily fiber and food, but you'll likely see some other topics percolating to the topics...

I'm going to publish a few posts in a row to get everything captured but will try to do weekly updates after that.

I'll do a brief summary of what I did in Fall 2015:

I signed up for Weaving 1 at CCSF for Fall 2015. They have a fabulously weaving teacher and I've been working on a Gilmore 4 shaft loom. We made a twill sampler for the first project, and for the second project I choose to weave some hand dyed silk I made at CNCH in a Spring 2014 workshop with Kris Abshire. Here it is still on the loom.  (12/2 silk warp/weft, 20 EPI, 1/3 twill)




The teacher challenged me to try overshot on my rigid heddle loom, using the Handwoven Nov/Dec 2015 Mermaid Scarf pattern. I look so happy to have it off the loom and around my neck! (3/2 cotton warp, 10/2 cotton base weft and Noro Taiyo as the supplemental weft)



I knitted 8 chemo caps in memory of my mother in law who lost her battle with cancer last fall, and finished knitting the Hitofude cardigan.

I also adopted a 41 year old Macomber Baby Mac with a rust problem. My DH has been helping me rehab it. More on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment