Here's the list of what I've done for this quarter. I'm posting early since I'm clearly not going to finish anything else! I'm super surprised at what I've gotten done given that I was out of town for 23 days in Q3... Most of these have photos on other blog posts.
![]() |
| I wove the one on the left. |
- The remaining 4 napkins. I'm switching from counting napkins and towels individually to counting them as a group, it feels silly otherwise.
- A super cute knitted tshirt. I'll use the pattern again.
- The little basket from Ashland. It's a pretty silly item and I'd like to make something fancier.
- 2 baby blankets. Still counting these individually, 'cause they're big.
- G and I wove runners from J's beautiful natural colored handspun for her husband after she passed. Mine is on the left. The warp is crochet cotton, the structure is taquete. The weft is all finely (hand) spun wool in natural sheep colors. Each runner is about 11x30 inches long.
- The Last Rice Bag. They were fun! But never doing those again.
- Same Thing only Differnt poncho with an impossibly soft cotton yarn that has little sequins in it. As of today it needs ends woven in, and to be blocked, but I'm doing that tommorrow to take it on my next trip.
- I carved a sheep and printed 19 postcards and two note cards, plus 5 coffee mug notecards. I'm counting on them being dry by the time I return. I played around a bit with thinning the ink, my current belief is that I'm having issues printing on cards with this ink because it's too thick. Then I got it too think and lost definition in the eyes. My plan with the sheep (other than to have a big pile of cards) is to print it on fabric this fall (maybe my stack on hand dyed gradients) and make a carry bag for the new electric wheel.
For Q4, I'd like like to pick a couple of projects and try to finish them. But I am out of town for 26 days in the quarter. This is getting ridiculous.
I'm aiming at:
- The Alabama Chanin bandana is about 2/3 done. Beads take time! It's fun in small chunks.
- The headband still just needs ends sewn in.
- The table for the pool deck
- Maybe something I'm spinning.
- A bag for the spinning wheel
- I'd like to make some little zipper bags from the samples I made at Madelyn's.
I'll be hosting another Weave-a-long for the guild in early November so I should have a Lampas sampler on the little loom for that. Currently I have a little Kilim on the big loom (leftover warp and mom's orphan needlepoint yarn); it's super slow but I'm getting faster and I wanted to try the Kilim techniques I learned in Greece. My travel knitting project is Tiny Dancer out of the yarn I bought last year on the Danube.
At the end of the year we'll go back and look at all those projects that are languishing. Should be fun.


No comments:
Post a Comment