Monday, August 10, 2026

Knittied shirt and a baby blanket and more!

A sweater that fits!
Finally I'm getting to finish some things (hence the giddy smile on my face. 

This pattern is called "Knit me baby one more time", and is knitted in sock weight wool. The off white is Hedgehog Fibers in the colorway "Silence"k that I bought in Dublin before they were popular; the other is a Claudia handpainted yarn. I wish that I'd alternated skeins; the top skein of the colored yarn had a lot of darker runs and looks different than the rest.  This can happen with handpainted yarns...  I was pretty disappointed in the yarn as well, as there were a lot of large slubs that I had to cut out while I was knitting. One ball was so bad that I'm going to end up throwing it away; I don't think it's even good for socks. 

Anyways, I swatched and washed the swatch to see if I could actually make a sweater that fit. When I finished it, it was a little too tight but after washing and blocking it fits perfectly. 

Not that it's a huge accomplishment but I also put new elastic in those pants; they've been sitting in the Studio for almost a year now!


Hedgehog on baby blanket

Speaking of Hedgehogs, this one here is guarding a baby blanket. I took a bunch of the 10/2 cotton I got for free and dyed it in greens and blues, then wove it with white. There were two; one is already with baby C. and the other needs hemming, and will go into my box for the next baby.

I finally finished the tiny basket we started in Ashland, and hemmed the last 4 napkins I wove in November. The only thing left in the finishing queue is the 2nd baby blanket and the 4th rice bag!

I've had to do a little unexpected travel lately and needed a project, so I picked up a poncho I've been meaning to start on (Pattern is called "Same thing, only different"), using a very soft cotton yarn with tiny sequins in it. It's a perfect TV project.

Next up on the loom is a legacy project for a guild member who recently passed. G and I are making runners from her handspun yarn to give to her husband.

Other projects? Yeah, too many. No need to list them again.

Some unfinished projects getting finished





No comments:

Post a Comment