Sunday, February 4, 2024

Project update...

The baby blankets are flying off the loom... I didn't get them finished during today's massive storm but they'll be done this week.. I also beamed the warp for the Double Huck class and have started winding a sample for yardage in Bronson lace (pine green 20/2 cotton).  On the Shiny sweater, I'm working through endless rounds of stockinette and am honestly not enjoying it a bit. 

Close up of blanket #2

It's time to start thinking of the OTHER neglected crafts for a bit. Just not sure what my plan of attack is.

Meanwhile, I cooked the other half of the 18 pound Thanksgiving Turkey that's been in the freezer since November... I got in my head that the turkey would benefit from the same spices as Peruvian roast chicken with cilantro sauce. It certainly worked but I think that chicken is the right bird for those flavors. Still, it was good; we had sauteed spinach and roasted potatoes with it.

DH was dead set on a red; so I brought out a Brouilly, which was pretty light but still red. Turns out he thought the cilantro sauce would be a red sauce. We think a lively white (Sauvignon Blanc? Albarino? GrĂ¼ner?) would have been a better choice...

I also have my eye on this drop dead recipe for baked apple roses; I'm waiting to see if I can find wheat I can get along with for ruff puff; I have some (oddly enough) Turkey Red wheat flour coming later this week.

One thing that was bugging me that I finished was a large printing job for the Guild Library. It was a larger task than I thought it would be!


No comments:

Post a Comment