Saturday, November 26, 2022

Lake Breeze made wearable, Baby Blankets

I finished the Lake Breeze sweater in March 2020. Knit from Irish vacation wool (but unlikely wool from Irish sheep), I loved the sweater but it was just too big. Big enough where had I tried it on in a store, I would have gone for a smaller size. I'd worn it maybe 3 times over the last two years...

Finally a couple of days ago I removed the zipper, basted the fronts together and threw it in the washer on Hand Wash with warm water, after measuring it carefully.  Then I threw it in the dryer for 10 minutes; when it came out, I'd lost nearly 3" in width and less than an inch in length.  After picking out the basting and drying it overnight, I tried it on and it's perfect! I sewed the zipper back on and now I have a warm, slightly denser very comfortable sweater that fits nicely. I'm very pleased.

Baby Blankets ALMOST on
their way to their babies


Here are the two Baby Blankets. The Mr. has emailed his sisters to get the addresses so we can send them.  I love the one with the white in it; it's dark blue and light blue in the warp, dark blue and white in the weft.

On a wine note, we opened a bottle of 2015 Domaine Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet for Thanksgiving and it was amazing! Can't wait to drink the rest of it over the next few years. Kudos also to Easy Entertaining's recipe for Indian spiced turkey; I'm not sure how everyone else felt about it but it was a REALLY good turkey. 





No comments:

Post a Comment