Thursday, March 31, 2022

Doldrums...

With the trip to DC and a familial visit, and some random stomach ailment, I haven't been getting much done. 

I actually finished something...
I did use my plane time to and from DC nearly finishing my shawl; then finished it right when I got back. It's blocked and drying... The fiber is a single strand of Icelandic wool, slightly felted, then natural dyed; DH brought me the kit from Iceland. it's a pretty straightforward garter shawl with slight Faroese shaping on the shoulders. I'm also working on a summer sweater using some yarn I bought in Florence; it's coming along nicely but it's a slow process.

Unhappy rug
On the weaving front...  The rug on the loom is unhappy. Or is making me unhappy.  Or maybe both. At any rate, I think it's sett too close, and since I can't make it wider (I'll run out of loom) I need to throw some threads off the back. I'm waiting until I'm ready for this. 

Meanwhile the project that appeals is a vest from some fabric I wove for a class and some lightweight commercial denim. It's also being problematic and I'm trying to work through it purposefully instead of winging it. Today I cut out the pieces and stabilized edges... I still need to cut out the lining. I have to put in a style line (in this context this means I screwed something up and am fixing it by putting a seam where a seam would not otherwise go) and want to add a horizontal in seam pocket! I'll need to sew a test.

I also bought some shoes that need custom shoelaces... Maybe soon...

One the subject of wine, we're currently drinking a white rioja (viura grapes); darn tasty with a mushroom risotto. It's not new to us but worthy of mention.





No comments:

Post a Comment