Saturday, November 13, 2021

Mid-November already?

I've neglected mentioning the cookbook challenges... October was Madhur Jaffrey's Indian Cooking; I made halibut in a yogurt sauce and sauted spinach and peppers. November's cookbook is George Lang's Cuisine of Hungary.

It's also been a fall of apples. LOTS of apple crisp, apple butter, apple sauce, apple salads. The red with the larger fruit tastes best; the smaller red are good the longer they are on the tree.  They're tiny enough where I use a corer to core them then they are 4 bites. The green are very tasty too although a little sunburnt; I just finished stripping the tree. I'll miss them!

  • I haven't spent much time in the studio lately, but today I spent most of the day there. I have a really long warp on the loom for Janet Dawson's class; I abandoned the samples and have decided to weave off the rest in petit point and sew something with it. It's complicated to weave so I'm taking it in small doses.
  • Plied the singles I'd spun woolen from a blue/green/black art batt and plied more paper yarn. I also plied up little bits of stuff I was playing with in classes.
  • Finished the runner I started in the ruler work class.
I took a class in andamento which is how to place the tiles in a mosaic to create a flow; the teacher teaches the classical method but also talked about some of the contemporary treatments. I have a couple enlarged drawings that I might mosaic.

I am also taking a class in print making. Or course there came the part of the class that I dread, in which the instructor says "Okay, draw something". I just took an easy photo off my phone (of the ground cherry) and used that; we'll see how it prints. For next week, we'll need an image for a multicolor print; I'm likely to steal one of the fetching drawings out of my child's Beginner Piano book and do that; they're super cute and I think would adapt to a learning situation.



No comments:

Post a Comment