Tuesday, June 16, 2020

No Haiku for the weaving

dark of night filled with
tiny tree frog croaking for
his lost tree frog love
I started carving this linoleum block at Esalen  back in March from the same photo as the frog mosaic; I  finished it recently and did a test print and adjustments today. I'm planning on printing a group of postcards, probably black ink on green watercolor? We'll see.

No haiku for the
weaving yet the shuttle throws
my hand right then left

Here's the crackle on the loom! I'm nearly 4' into it now, aiming at a scarf slightly over 6'. I'm now wishing I'd picked a more difficult pattern! Once you understand the structure of crackle, following the treadling is relatively easy.

I dyed the ikat warp and weft, as well as a small amount of shibori cotton for a possible matching mask. I dyed it at .75% WOG but I think it's darker than anticipated because of the amount of fabric not taking up the dye in the shibori... It's pretty much electric fuschia, but I think it'll look fine for it's purpose. I'm photographing the ikat step by step, and will give it its own detailed post when finished.

The Festivus quilt promises to be finished before the start of the Festivus season. It certainly won't be this quarter.


No comments:

Post a Comment