Sunday, November 17, 2019

More back to normal

Center pull ball wound the old way
I'm busily trying to get back to normal, whatever that is... which means I'm off and running on a hundred different things.

The cardigan I mentioned last post is called Lake Breeze; this is the yarn I'm making it from. Like all Donegal tweeds, you don't really appreciate the nuances of color until you see it in the sunlight; it's glorious. I'm knitting along with only one misfire on my cabling (which I'm leaving, it's not that noticeable), and have knit from the top down nearly to the armholes. Check out my center pull ball finely wound by hand the old way on a notespinne.

Summer and Winter baby blanket; loving the grey
I went to my spinning guild yesterday and should have started the second braid of the blue wool silk that I was plying a couple of days ago... But instead I started spinning silk that I dyed years ago in a Camp Stitches class with my sister. No pics yet but it's looking decidedly pastel, or maybe slightly opalescent. I'll also need to be thinking about what to do for the CNCH  2020 spinning contest; everyone who enters starts with the same fiber and it's up to us to spin something clever from it.

Won't be done for Christmas
I've finished the grey baby blanket for little Elli Price, and have moved onto the green one; hope to take them off the loom before Thanksgiving so I can get on with the Warp Rep project I'm doing for the study group.

I also promised myself I'd get a quilt going again. The Christmas quilt was a little easier since I lost the color chart for the pub quilt. I'll resurrect that and get it going as well soon enough; but I'd like to get the Christmas quilt done and basted and I can make it my TV project. I think my current issue is how to carry the darn thing around? I'm going to ask the restaurant at knit night tomorrow for a pizza box, that should do quite well.


No comments:

Post a Comment