Thursday, March 14, 2019

Completed Objects Q1 19 (6)

Why do I make these posts completed objects posts?  First, if I don't, I end up wondering where all my time goes, and what I've accomplished.  Second, I've also recorded a lot of data about some of my projects that I've referred back to for details. Third, it gives me a sense of how my work is evolving (or not evolving).  And I like to organize my textile related travels in a way that makes them more accessible.

I'm going to close out Q1 early as I know I won't finish anything else this quarter. Since all of these have photos on other blog posts, I'll just do a quick list summary.

  • Handwoven twill scarf from hand dyed and hand spun, which was very well received by it's recipient. 
  • Fingerless mittens that match my ram tam.
  • A mosaic painting of a cypress tree that looks like a tree!
  • Fabric for the stitches class jacket.
  • The Frog Prince sculptural mosaic.
  • Oasis, a little poncho is cotton with a touch of silk/wool.
I'm going to document my priorities when I get back to work on my textiles.
  • Weave the doublewidth throw blanket from stash yarn that I've planned (weaving)
  • Buy backing fabric and make pillows for the den that out of the nearly dead kilim (sewing)
  • Finish the two little bags I've started (wine bag and little blue bag) (straps)
  • Make significant progress on the mosaic table. (Mosaic)
  • Work on the pub quilt (quilting)
  • Keep spinning 
  • Knit sleeves for my jacket (knitting)




No comments:

Post a Comment