Sunday, August 19, 2018

New this week, a short list.

Just a simple list of what's new.

Most recent photo, but I'm further along now.
I've got about 9 inches not including header done on the rep rug; here it is with a very small bit done. I had to order more rag cotton, since I misread the instructions.  It's fairly slow to weave per row but there are only 6 rows per inch so weaves up pretty quickly.

The Weaving Guild had a handwork social last week, so I threaded up some cards to make the second shoelace for DH. I've woven about a foot (the bootlace will be just over 5 feet long), and it's looking good.

I'm past the evil point on my knitted Pebble Beach shawl, so am progressing much quicker now. I think it'll be done before the end of September.

On the mosaic front, I added more glass and a border to the poppy table top; the glass is adhering well, so the earlier problem I had with the adhesive is solved for now by using a different bag. 

Why did I use pink mirror glass? I have no idea, but it seems
to complement the piece.
I also finally converted two 12" square test pieces into trivets; I bought a artists wood board, turned it upside down, stained and varnished it, then glued the tile into it with wood standoffs to make the tile flush with the wood frame. I put little rubber feet on them as well so they don't scratch the table. I've been trying to figure out a way to do this for years!!!  







No comments:

Post a Comment