Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Moved, partially unpacked, having nightmares.

We moved 3 1/2 weeks ago. So far, I've emptied all the kitchen boxes, all the bedroom boxes except one, and all the living room boxes except one. I've ordered a sofabed for when DH's family visits. I'm getting the cats settled in, and working with the gardeners to put in food crops and dye plants. Today I met with the guy who will get the rats out of crawlspace.

It's been an eventful couple of months.

On the fiber side, I unpacked all the books in the studio today (9 boxes total!) and have already unpacked the spinnables and a lot of the knitables. What I need now is bins to fit in the Ikea furniture (recently built!) so organize things, so I can fit a full cubit of items in the space currently taken up by a cascading triangle of items.  Do I make these? Do I buy ones that aren't quite the right size? So many questions. I am having nightmares about settling another 7 or 9 boxes of "stuff" into the one cabinet unit that is unfilled, and thinking if I put the yarn on the loom, I won't have to store it.

Good thing I bought a new loom! It's a 40" 8 shaft Gilmore, used of course.

Hoping to post photos of something I'm making in the next week or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment