Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Mid July Feels Like the Doldrums

 I'm working on a few projects that are long term projects... So I think it'll be a while until I post significant progress. The main projects are:

  • The pub quilt (between 1/3 and 1/2 done, close to 1/3). It's coming along nicely.
  • The huck baby blankets (one done, one still weaving, on the loom).
    Super hard to see the pattern when 
    both warp and weft are white 
     

  • The little shawl that only gets attention every other Monday at knit night, so it's going to be awhile. 
I did start spinning some blue roving at a recent online guild meeting; and I'm winding a warp for the next-on-the-loom project, which will be hand towels for the guest bath.

I've spent zero time in the mosaic studio but hope to in the next few weeks!

Other than that, we're getting out and about a bit, which is fabulous. We cancelled a trip to England, which is not fabulous, but I think inevitable; we're waiting to see if a trip to Canada to see G&M may materialize. Between waiting for the Covid situation to explode and waiting for the next fire or smoke event, it feels a little like sailing with light unpredictable winds waiting for a sudden storm...


No comments:

Post a Comment